Full-Time Garage Automotive Technician
Tru-Bilt, a leader for the past 30 years in post-frame (pole barn) construction has an exciting full-time Garage Automotive Technician opportunity based out of the Marion, IL area. Our ideal candidate must be able to complete quality work safely, on-time and on-budget. We operate one of the best and most efficient repair shops in Southern Illinois, and we require an excellent and devoted staff. Each Automotive Technician must be properly licensed and have the experience necessary to provide our customers with superior service. We are a safety-conscious, quality-minded, team-oriented company.
Automotive Technician Job Description:
- Complete jobs in a timely manner with high quality workmanship
- Perform routine automotive maintenance tasks, including oil changes, tire rotations, transmission flushes, air conditioner re-charges, front-end alignments, battery installations, and headlight/taillight installations
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices in automotive repair
- Conduct extensive diagnostic procedures to determine the sources of customers’ problems and provide accurate repair recommendations
- Inspect vehicles according to the state’s requirements for emissions and safety
- Conduct necessary repairs and take vehicles for test drives to verify soundness
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver’s License
- Automotive operational knowledge/working knowledge of shop equipment
- Have knowledge in all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Requires medium to heavy work that involves walking or standing most of the time
- Employee is required to lift up to 50 pounds of force on a recurring basis
- Requires work in considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke,
unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Requires use of hands or limbs on repetitive operation of mechanical or electronic office or shop machines or tools
within high tolerances or limits of accuracy.
- Clean and maintain the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and safety in the workplace
- Maintain legible and accurate paperwork for both the customer and for our records
- The ability to work effectively as a team member
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Pass pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens.
- Remain respectful and courteous to customers and coworkers at all times.
We offer a competitive pay rate based on experience, weekly pay, paid travel time, a full benefits package after 90 days (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, PTO, Incentive Bonus Plans, 401k Savings Plan, and Short Term Disability.) Opportunities for advancement! We want to be as committed to you as you are to us. At Tru-Bilt, our family is what makes us whole.
Tru-Bilt is Hiring For:
- Concrete Crew Member
- Construction Crew Member
- Spray Foam Installer
- Garage Automotive Technician